Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vacation Beauty...Tropical Evenings

Hello Birdies! With winter in full swing, I am so happy to have a getaway to look forward to with Hubby... before long we will be in Mexico sunning ourselves and hopefully the snow and cold will be a distant memory. One of the great things about going down South is the chance to dress up for dinner at night and show off some newly sun-kissed skin. With that in mind, I put together a list of my go-to beauty essentials for a beach side date night. These are all products that I have gone back to again and again!


1. My already dry, coloured hair tends to get even more fried with the sun, salt and chlorine. After blow drying, I run this Coconut Milk shine serum by Organix though my ends. It smoothes everything out and smells delish!


2. On vacation I try to skip foundation or anything powdery. I love The Multiple by Nars - you can use it on eyes, cheeks, or lips, and this shade, Lamu is great for showing off a tan. 

3. I have featured this great Beautifying Oil by The Body Shop multiple times on this blog! I went with the Mango version for my upcoming trip. It's a great moisturizer and the delightful scent means no perfume is necessary.

4. If you are not wearing much eye or face make up, a set of fake eyelashes is all you need to make your eyes pop. Plus, (and here is my very vain side coming out), you will look fab in all your night time vacation photos. I like this style by Sephora, Cabaret.

5. What better place to wear a fun, bright lip then on a Caribbean getaway?? Try Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick in Boudoir.

6. Finally, because I will be trying my best to practice safe sun on this trip, I will need a little bronzing boost for the evenings. I discovered Victoria's Secret Instant Bronzing Shimmer Lotion on a previous vacation and never looked back - it's easy to apply, and once it dries it won't rub off on your clothes. Blend it on the front of your legs for a slimming effect!
What's in your vacation beauty bag? 

PS - see my dream beach bag here, and my other travel essentials here

No comments:

Post a Comment