Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Style Inspiration...Ballerina Chic

Hello Birdies... I've just returned from my first ever Physique class. If you're not familiar with the Physique 57 workout, it's built on ballet based training and is designed to give you a long, lean dancer's body.

Despite never having slipped into a pair of pointe shoes, as I laid my hands gently on the barre, I felt like an instant ballerina. With all the recent attention on Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky's thriller starring Natalie Portman as prima ballerina, it's easy to see why how ballet, and the ethereal, graceful beauty of dancers are having a moment everywhere from world of fitness to fashion. Before I go soak my tired muscles, some style inspiration for you...

American Apparel Ballerina Skirt

A classic ballerina shot

Ultra feminine Chanel nail colours

Nars The Multiple Duo

Repetto Ballet Flats

Soft Beauty and Sleek Buns at the Chloe S/S 2011 Runway Show

2 comments:

  1. I love that you just posted about the ballet trend / influence. I think it is so beautiful...and I can't wait to try that class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! What a neat class idea!

    ReplyDelete